Thursday, October 10, 2013

Estoy aqui!

Estoy aqui! (I am here!)

I am here!  For me the Spanish school of La Herradura is a destination.  The name of the school includes the location for a reason.  There is no better place to study Spanish than here in this coastal town in Spain.  The setting is stunning and absolutely glorious.  As I write this under the protection of a canopy on the patio of El Bambu restaurant on the beach I am overcome with a sense of gratitude for all that I am experiencing.

My view outward is of sunny, blue skies, sparkling waters, people relaxing on the beach, a fisherman with four poles with lines cast hoping for a catch with the coastal mountains framing the beach giving the town the reason for it's name - La Herradura (horseshoe).

My view inward gives me the a sensation of anticipation in contemplating all there is to learn here.  I came here to learn and practice my Spanish.  I intend to create my own immersion experience by being here alone in this little Spanish town set on the Mediterranean Sea.  My schedule is such that I will have group lessons twice a week and private lessons on the remaining days primarily en la manana leaving me with the afternoons for independent study and to practicing the language by talking to the people that I encounter during my day.  I am thrilled when I am successful in communicating an idea and in understanding what I am being told.  I genuinely hope to leave here more fluent than when I came - having taken my language acquisition to the next level.  We shall see.  I have three weeks to make this work for me.  Follow me on this blog and I'll keep you informed as to how things transpire.  Hasta luego!






For those of you at home who are reading this you may know that my nickname in Los Estados Unidos is "buena" as given to me by my dear friend Jane.  As I am in Spain now and the first person that I encountered here told me my name is "Carolina" in Spanish rather than simply Carol, you will note that I am now referencing myself as "Carolina". 


www.spanish-school-herradura.com
Email info@spanish-school-herradura.com



  

No comments:

Post a Comment