Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Muchas Gracias and Hasta Luego


I wish to extend a heartfelt thank you to Sonja for giving me this opportunity of a lifetime.  I'm so glad I met you nearly two years ago as a chaperone for my daughter's 7th grade class; and that our discussions about my returning one day came to fruition.  Thank you also to Mouta for your gracious manner of inclusion and warmth.  Thank you Jose and my fellow classmates for making me laugh every time we had class together.  Thank you also for expanding my knowledge of Spanish and world culture.  Thank you Amelia for your patience and words of encouragement.



I feel I have grown in my potential to utilize Spanish in my communication with the Spanish speaking people of my home town of Woodstock Illinois as well as with the Spanish speaking people of the world by being a student at the Spanish School of La Herradura these past three weeks.  

Thank you also to the many good people of La Herradura and to my new friends that I met  along the way.  You made me feel so welcome and accepted.  I have experienced the people of La Herradura to  have a broad charity towards others, a boundless sense of good will and a cheerfulness of spirit that is unmatched anywhere else in the world.  In Spain it's never goodbye but rather - Hasta Luego.  

Hasta Luego La Herradura and the Spanish School of La Herradura!  

Love,
Carolina

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Carolina, you have been a great student, and we enjoyed very much having you with us! It is of course not goodbye, but hasta luego, for we will see you again :-) we will miss you! Saludos from a Sunny La Herradura X

    ReplyDelete